READ MORE …
Here are the top 10 things we know about Nathan Deal:
1. His interfering with the ethics commission cost Georgia taxpayers $3 million.
2. His cuts to the HOPE Scholarship led to nearly 100,000 fewer HOPE recipients this year than in 2010-11.
3. He’s cut billions from public education since taking office in 2011.
4. Gov. Deal has allowed four rural hospitals to close on his watch and 15 more are in serious trouble.
5. Nathan Deal came into office millions of dollars in debt and used taxpayer money to secure a personal business deal that made him a multi-millionaire.
6. Deal voted NO on the Violence Against Women Act, which helps protect women against violent crimes.
7. He sold his business to an out-of-state company that owes Georgia $74 million in back taxes and he refuses to collect it.
8. Deal signed a controversial immigration reform bill into law that cost Georgia’s agricultural industry an estimated $140 million.
9. He fought against the Voting Rights Act, which could disenfranchise thousands of Georgia voters.
10. He is blocking 600,000 uninsured Georgians from gaining access to healthcare.